Hidden leaks are notorious nuisances that can eventually destroy your house from the inside out, which is why it is crucial to know how to locate one.
Here are five signs that you want to watch out for:
Handyman Alpharetta – Five Signs You Have A Hidden Leak
1. Musty Smells– A distinct smell can be a sign you have a leak inside of the walls of your home. A musty stench can mean mold is present, which is often caused by leaking pipes.
2. You’re Paying More For Water– If you see a spike in your water bill then you should be looking for a leak.
If you haven’t increased your water usage in the last month then you may want to call a professional to investigate.
3. Stained Walls– Water can cause stains on your walls. This is a sure sign that you have a leak in your home that should be dealt with immediately.
Don’t let small stains fool you, any size stain can be a warning you have a serious water problem on your hands.
4. Mold And Mildew– If you notice a buildup of mold or mildew on walls that aren’t near the shower or bathtub, you may have a leak.
Some mold can be very dangerous, so make sure to take proper precautions while removing and cleaning it.
5. Check Your Water Meter– A great way to keep an eye on leaks is to check your water meter. This will also help to avoid high water bills.
If you notice your meter is running faster than normal, call a professional right away for proper inspection.
If you think you have a concealed leak in your home or would just like a leak inspection give us a call and we would be happy to help! We’re highly experienced and guarantee all of our work.
Call Andy OnCall® Roswell/Gwinnett at (770) 640-6050 for all of your home improvement needs.