The most common of these sources is broken and leaking pipes. Homeowners will face at least one broken pipe in the lifetime of their home.
We are going to learn the dangers of water damage and what could happen if not properly treated.
Handyman Alpharetta – Five Dangers of Water Damage
1. Toxic mold: One of the worst dangers that is often produced from water damage is toxic mold. If left untreated, water damaged wood and drywall can attract mold.
Once the mold has colonized, it can grow and take over the entire home. Mold can make you sick and if left untreated, can even kill you. The only way to properly get rid of it is by using a professional that specializes in mold removal.
2. Termites: Moisture from water damage can attract termites. These nasty insects can really do some major damage to a home. If left untreated, termites can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage and undermine the internal structure of your home.
3. Rotten wood: Rotten wood is directly caused by water damage. If left untreated, rotten wood can be dangerous especially if located on decks or stairways.
4. Loss of property value: When your home becomes damaged by water, it can lose value quickly. A devalue in property will make it extremely hard to sell your home and you might owe more on your mortgage than it’s actually worth.
5. A smelly house: Water damage can cause your home to smell. Foul odors can be caused by mold and mildew and will destroy your indoor air quality.
It can also be dangerous for humans and pets. As we have learned above, mold can cause serious life threatening medical conditions.
Contact A Certified Water Damage Professional
When you are dealing with water damage, don’t try to fix it yourself. Even a small amount of moisture left behind can cause wood rot and attract mold.
Only a certified water damage removal service has the tools and knowledge available to get the job done right the first time around. Hiring a professional is often required by insurance companies. This will protect your home’s value and the health of your family.
If you need help with mold removal give us a call and we would be happy to help! We’re highly experienced and guarantee all of our work.
Call Andy OnCall® Roswell/Gwinnett at (770) 640-6050 for all of your home improvement needs.