There are many outside forces that can wreck havoc on your home. Water is a powerful force that can not only get inside your home but can cause major damage in the process. Water damage is the leading cause of property value loss and could have serious consequences if left untreated. Today, we are going to discuss several ways you can protect your home from water damage while keeping your family safe in the process.
Handyman Alpharetta GA – Five Ways To Prevent Water Damage
1. Check for leaks– A great way to keep your home free of water damage is to periodically check for leaks. Check all exposed pipes every three months to ensure that your home stays water tight. Remember to also check the inside of the home in areas like the bathroom, kitchen, and your hot water .
2. Fix leaks– It’s one thing to find a leak but having that leak fixed is the only way to ensure your home is safe and sound. If you spot a leak don’t wait around. Call your local Handyman Services and have a certified technician come out and fix the problem.
3. Look for mold– Mold is a bi-product of water leaks. If you notice mold growing on your walls it is likely that you have a water damage issue. The leak may be small but over time, it can grow much larger. Mold is also very unhealthy for your family.
4. Professional home inspection– On a yearly basis, have your local handyman services come out and give your home an inspection. This will avoid any costly damages and keep your home free from water damage.
5. Service sump pump– If you have a basement, you probably have a sump pump located somewhere. If your sump pump is not doing its job to remove all of the condensate water in your basement, it is time to have it serviced or replaced.
Call a Professional
To prevent injuries as well as further damage to the roof, you need to contact your local handyman services. They are skilled, highly experienced and well equipped to handle all roofing problems.