Everyone is ready for this winter to end! Start getting in the mood for warmer weather by planning some projects for home.
Handyman Alpharetta – Check List for Getting Your Home in Great Shape for Spring
- How are your ceiling fans? Whether you utilize overhead fans year-round or only during the warmer months, wipe down blades with an all-purpose cleaner. Ceiling fans are great because they keep air flowing through your home. Are yours in good shape? To they need to be replaced?
- Clean or replace your furnace filter. A dirty filter can lower the efficiency of your home’s heating and cooling system. If the filter is reusable, remove it, wash down with a hose and then re-insert. If it’s not usable – it’s time for a new one.
- Check caulking around all doors and windows make sure that no air can get in or out. If you don’t have good caulking moisture can get inside your walls and cause mold. This is also the perfect time to wash/clean all windows and replace torn or damaged screens.
- Dust and check wattage of all of your light bulbs. While cleaning each bulb, check for correct wattage. Have you replaced your bulbs with more energy efficient ones?
- Deep cleaning carpets is a spring-cleaning must. Carpets can hold dirt and bacteria. If you have pets this is especially important! If you have little ones walking around or especially crawling around you want their environment to be as clean as possible.
- Check and maintain indoor and outdoor plumbing. Extreme temperatures can cause leaks and freezing will cause water to expand and make the pipes burst. (We may have a few cold days left so make sure you protect your pipes against freezing.)
- How’s your roof? Check for possible damage to the roof. You’re looking for missing, cracked or broken shingles and make note of any needed repairs.
- Protect everything from the heat. Use sealants to protect decks, porches, railings and fences from the blistering sun and heat. This also improves their appearance.
- Clean out your refrigerator and freezer. If you have a coil-back refrigerator, vacuum the coils at least twice each year for maximum efficiency. Wipe down interior and exterior surfaces, and place new boxes of baking soda in each to maintain overall freshness.
- Check for and repair cracks in your driveway and sidewalk. Spring is the best time to seal cracks in the driveway or any other concrete before it gets too hot.
If you need help with home repair or maintenance call Andy Your Premier Handyman Service Company at (770) 640-6050. You can also click here to request a free quote on your job.