Usually when thinking about home repairs or construction projects, many homeowners typically think of the arrival of spring as an ideal time to undertake the work. The thing is off-season could very well be a great time to schedule needed repairs or remodel projects.
We’re so lucky to have nice mild winters in the south.
The fall and winter are great times to have friends over and enjoy the outdoors without the sun beating down on you and insects swarming.
Liven up your outdoor area for a great gathering! It’s also time for football parties, which is always a time of celebration in the south.
Here are some ideas for fall/winter home improvement projects:
- Your Deck: Do you want a new deck built? What about the one you have, does it need repairs?
- Bathroom Remodel: The holidays are coming! The bathroom is the busiest room in the house. How about new light fixtures or a new mirror? Small things can make a large impact.
- Kitchen Remodel or Refresher: When was the last time you did an update to your kitchen? How about a nice backsplash or new light fixtures? It’s easy to add a modern touch with even a new shade of paint.
- Paint Touch Ups: Does the stairs, your molding, or other areas around the house need a good paint touch up? Over the years we have tons of bumps and scratches, a new coat of paint can add a new and fresh feel.
- Check Your Attic Insulation: Increasing the insulation in your attic can decrease your heating bills.
- Basement Room: Have an extra room in the basement? How about turning it into a family room or a game room? This will not only increase the value of your home but will also give family members a new place to hang out and enjoy the home.
- Flooring Remodel: Winter is a wonderful time to re-floor an area or your entire home! There are so many nice materials to choose from like carpet, tile, wood, marble or even stone. There are some very nice options at all price points.
- Outside Lighting: In addition to putting Christmas lights on the house how about adding some outdoor lighting? Lighting can really make a home stand out and pop. It also creates a wonderful aviance for outdoor gatherings and parties.
- Caulk and Weather Strip: Generally, caulking is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to save energy. When you caulk siding, also seal any places where water and cold air can sneak into your home, such as gaps between the foundation and siding, cutouts where electrical conduits and pipes enter through the siding and the perimeter of window and door frames. Don’t forget basement windows.
- Check for Water Damage: If you have any water damage winter is a great time to get it taken care of just incase we have some freezing weather. Make sure to check all your pipes to insure there are no leaks. If you do find some leaks or water damage this is one thing you don’t put off. Putting off water damage repairs will only grow the expense.
Here’s the good news! Andy OnCall® Your Premier Handyman Service Company can help you with all these things if you don’t have the expertise or the time! Just leave it to us! It’s what we do the best!
Have a Home Repair? Call A Professional
Call Andy OnCall®; Your Premier Handyman Service Company (770) 640-6050 and we’ll make sure your project is done well!