Did you know that leaking faucets can be much more serious if left unchecked? Leaking kitchen and bathroom faucets are annoying but they can be very costly as well. You should never ignore a leaking faucet – a small leak today can be a huge expense or damage tomorrow.
Handyman Alpharetta – 5 Reasons To Never Ignore A Leaking Faucet
1. It can drive your water bill right through the roof. Even a small leak over time can cause a serious surge in your water bill. It’s best to address leaks right when they happen, you’ll potentially keep down costs and damage caused by water overtime.
2. It can cause water damage. Depending on how bad your faucet is leaking, you might have some hard water damage build up in your sinks and bathtubs. This unsightly stain can really turn a beautiful bathroom into a nightmare. Not to mention one of the most costly damages to your home is from water. A small tiny repair is a huge costly repair down the road if it’s ignored.
3. A water leak is wasteful. Water is a very valuable resource that many don’t have enough access to. Do the right thing and be environmentally responsible by not wasting water.
4. It might lead to something larger. It could be a tiny leak now but imagine going out of town on vacation and a much larger leak develops. This will not only be a cost to your water bill but can also cause some serious and costly repairs to your home.
5. A leak uses more water than you think. Let’s say the average leaky faucet drips once every two seconds. That is equal to 30 drips per minute.
- 30 drips per minute = 43,200 drips per day
- 43,200 drips per day = 10.8 liters/day or 2.85 U.S. gallons per day
- 2.85 U.S. gallons per day = 1,041 U.S. gallons per year
It’s a little more serious than you thought huh? If you have a leaky faucet give us a call and we’ll come out and take a look!
If you need help with any of these items call Andy OnCall, Your Premier Handyman Service Company at (770) 640-6050 or click here for a free quote.