It may seem silly to start preparing when the weather outside is still hot enough to fry an egg but its better to be prepared.
Lets go over several ways to get your home ready for cool weather.
Handyman Alpharetta – Five Tips for Winterizing Your Home
1. Get fireplaces ready: A great way to enjoy time with your family is sharing an evening by the fire. Fireplaces can be an affordable way to heat your home.
To make sure your fireplace is ready to go when the weather turns cold make sure it’s clean. Have your fireplace and chimney professionally inspected and cleaned.
2. Wrap pipes: One of the most important things that you can do is protect your pipes.
Make sure to wrap plumbing that’s exposed to outside temperatures. This will help prevent them from bursting when the weather drops below freezing.
3. Seal up leaks: Having small leaks and cracks in our homes can let the cold air in and the warm air out. These leaks are commonly found around doorways and windows.
Use caulk to seal up leaks and you will keep your home nice and warm while saving money on your electricity bill at the same time.
4. Get your heating system inspected: Have your home heating system inspected. This will allow you to find any problems that your unit may have so you can get them fixed before it gets cold.
Having your unit inspected ahead of time will also save you tons of money by protecting you from costly after hour breakdowns.
5. Hire someone to help: A surefire way to get your home ready for the cool weather is by hiring a handyman service.
This can also help you get all those small projects that you have been putting off finished in time for Fall. Why not get the ball rolling?
If you need help winterizing your home give Andy Oncall Georgia a call! We are highly experienced in everything we do!
Call Andy OnCall GA at (770) 640-6050 for all of your home improvement needs.
Always think of ANDY OnCall®; Your Premier Handyman Service Company for all your repairs big and small!