Here is a checklist that will help you get the process started.
Handyman Alpharetta – Exterior Home Checklist
1. Check your windows and doors: Make sure to check your windows and exterior doors in the spring. Inspect all inside and outside caulking around the windows. Exterior caulk crack can actually cause leaks inside the home. These items need to be repaired quickly to prevent water damage.
Some areas on the house may be high up or hard to access. It can be a much safer and easier solution to contact a professional handyman service to do the repairs.
2. Check your garage header: Check for any paint peeling or water damage to wood trim and frames around the overhead garage door. If you have wood above the overhead garage doors, push on them to make sure they are still solid. Water can get behind the header board and cause rot over time.
3. Check your deck: Inspect your wooden decks and trim. Pay close attention and look for any rotten or cracked wood. Check all railings, posts and deck frames for any loose areas, or soft spots. Check for loose nails, screws and anchors that need to be tightened or replaced.
4. Check your roof, siding and gutter: Spring often brings storms. After each storm, make sure to give your roof, siding and gutter a quick visual inspection from the ground and look for any loose, damaged or missing shingles, vent covers, sidings, gutters and downspouts.
5. Check your HVAC units: The furnace air filter should be replaced every three months. A clogged up filter can reduce the furnace’s efficiency while blowing dirty air into the ducts. Take a look at your outdoor a/c unit and clear any plant growth that may be crowding it.
6. Check your outdoor faucet: Cold weather could cause the outdoor spigot to freeze and crack, sometimes even damaging indoor pipes. Check for any drips on the outside faucet and any cracks on the inside pipes that supply water to the outdoor spigot.
If you need help with a home improvement project give us a call and we would be happy to help! We’re highly experienced and guarantee all of our work.
Call Andy OnCall® Roswell/Gwinnett at (770) 640-6050 for all of your home improvement needs.