Whether you are building a new porch or are replacing the screen in your old one, choosing the right type of material is important. It is a good idea to find materials that will match both your lifestyle and your budget.
Handyman Alpharetta – Five Types of Screen Materials
Lets look at different types of screen materials and why they might be right for you.
1. Aluminum– Aluminum mesh rolls can be purchased for around 30 cents per square foot and will last much longer than plastic and fiberglass. It is the least expensive of the materials listed and is quite budget friendly.
2. Bronze– Bronze is a beautiful material that looks great on screened in porches. This material can be purchased for around 90 cents per square foot. This is a little higher than the price of aluminum but bronze has a gorgeous color that stands out better than many materials. Bronze is also fairly stiff which makes it quite durable.
3. Stainless Steel– This type of screen is both durable and elegant. Stainless Steel holds its silver color and does really well in marine environments. It is a popular material for people living along coast lines. Stainless Steel mesh rolls normally sell for around $1 a square foot.
4. Brass– Brass also makes a wonderful screening material and is a bit stronger than aluminum. Brass mesh rolls will set you back about $6.00 a square foot which can be pricey. It does have a tendency to change color when exposed to outside elements, so you may want to keep that in mind before you purchase the material.
5. Copper– Last but certainly not least is copper. It is the most expensive of all materials on this list coming in at $9 per square foot. Copper fairs well in the outside elements and is very resistant to corrosion. Over time, copper mesh weathers to a beautiful green color which is appealing to many.
Call a Professional
If you need help building a screened porch or just want new mesh installed give Andy Oncall Georgia a call! We are highly experienced at building at screen-in porches.
Call Andy OnCall GA at (770) 640-6050 for all of your home improvement needs.
Always think of ANDY OnCall®; Your Premier Handyman Service Company (770) 640-6050 for all your repairs big and small!