June is National Safety Month, however, we decided to call it Home Safety Month in an effort to encourage you to give it some consideration.
Consider taking this opportunity to prevent injuries and accidental deaths by calling attention to common safety and health risks that could occur around your home.
Handyman Alpharetta – Home Safety Tips
- Do you have a fire extinguisher? If you have a multi-level home it’s a good idea to have an extinguisher on every level. It’s also a good idea to have one in the garage.
- When was the last time you checked your fire alarms? Do the batteries work?
- How about a carbon monoxide alarm in your home? You’ll need to check your batteries in this as well if you already have one.
- If you have any clutter in your home it’s a good idea to clear it out. When you have clutter hanging around especially in places like on the stairs it can create unnecessary accidents. If you ever have a fire it’s not a good idea for stacks of paper or other needless clutter to be taking up space and just add fuel to the fire!
- Is your back deck in good shape? Are there any nail pops? How about any split or loose boards? These are the types of things that can cause awful accidents if neglected.
- Do you have dark areas of your home? Are they lit well? No neighborhood is completely safe from break ins these days. Make sure if there are areas of your home that are too dark at night that you have some sort of outdoor lighting installed.
- How stable are the stairs in your home? Is the railing stable? Are they slippery? These days stairs are being covered with hardwood flooring which is very attractive but can be dangerous. Install some non-slip adhesive strips on your stairs to make sure no one comes down in their socks and slides down.
We want you and your family to be safe in your home! If you need help let us know.
Call ANDY OnCall®; Your Premier Handyman Service Company (770) 640-6050 if you need our help or click here for a quote on a project.