If you’re considering upgrades to your home for increasing the value, it’s important to weigh out all the information.
If you’re able to afford adding a closet big enough for 300 pairs of shoes, just off the newly renovated bath you might need to first jot down those things a buyer would check for if looking to purchase your home.
Keeping in mind that the return on your investment depends on all the variables in your housing market.
Handyman Alpharetta GA – Investment Considerations
- If you invest $5,000 to $10,000 on a bathroom remodel does your home’s value offset the upgrade? Will you earn money on the investment to upgrade? (This is the ideal situation.)
- Are there other areas of the home the investment would be better served for?
Ask ourself the hard questions and then make a list of all the repairs needed in your home that could cause extensive damage if left unattended:
- How is the structure of your home?
- How old is the roof? Is it in good shape?
- Do you have cracks in your foundation?
- Do you need an exterior paint job?
Make a list! It may seem like making these necessary changes takes from the fun in planning that fanciful bathroom and shoe closet, or completing that chef’s kitchen, but once you’ve checked off the list of necessary repairs, you will be able to enjoy all the bells and whistles of your additions with a sense of pride and peace of mind.