You can also have to consider long term damage too your walls or the picture falling if not properly secured.
Let’s go over the basics on how to properly hang a picture or work of art.
Handyman Alpharetta – Picture Hanging 101
• Buy Hooks According To Weight– There are three types of picture hooks you’ll need to choose from, depending on the weight of your picture or work of art. A single nail picture hook can hold up to 30 pounds, a double nail picture hook can hold up to 50 pounds and a triple nail picture hook can hold up to 100 pounds.
• Don’t Just Use Nails– A lot of people use nails to hang up picture frames. Using just a nail for support could actually cause the picture to fall off the wall, so the right sized picture hook is the best option.
• Use Multiple Picture Hooks– If you have a large frame that you want to hang, a smart way to keep it level and steady is by using two or more hooks instead of one.
• Use A Level– Instead of eyeballing a work of art, use a level to make sure it is centered perfectly. Eyeballing can be a lot more difficult than one would think.
• Use A Stud Finder– Normally you want to hang heavy frames on the studs of your home. A stud finder can help you locate where the studs are on the inner side of the wall.
• Hire A Handyman Service– If you have a lot of pictures that you need to be hung quickly or you would rather have a professional do the dirty work, your local handyman can help give us a call!
Call a Professional
If you need help hanging pictures or anything else around your home give us a call and we would be happy to help! We’re highly experienced and guarantee all of our work.
Call Andy OnCall® Roswell/Gwinnett at (770) 640-6050 for all of your home improvement needs.